Our Bloomington office is seeking a creative graduate civil engineer with 2-5 years of site design for academic, athletic, commercial, and residential facilities or similar related experience to work closely with Project Engineers/Managers in developing project designs and documentation. This is a full time position with an immediate start date.
Applicants must have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in civil engineering (or related field) from an accredited university. EIT certification or Professional Engineering License is a plus. This position will require strong communication, time management, and organizational skills. Candidate must be able to show initiative, carry basic concepts and ideas to completion with minimal direction and guidance, and work efficiently and productively in a team-based organization. The position includes site observation responsibilities, such as field documentation and analysis of existing sites and utility systems including stormwater, water, and sanitary sewer. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D is a must, experience with other engineering software, spreadsheets, word processing software and Adobe products is a plus. Candidate must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Other desirable skills include, but are not limited to:
- Client interaction
- Project due diligence
- Code and ADA review
- Field work and field measuring of facilities and site elements
- Preliminary site layout and conceptual design
- Site grading, erosion control, stormwater management
- Water service and sanitary sewer system design
- Coordination with architectural and other engineering disciplines
- Construction document production
- Shop drawing/submittal review
- Construction administration
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with regulatory agencies
- Punctual and Responsible
- Experience and proficiency with AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Familiarity with HEC-RAS, Autodesk SSA, or similar hydrologic/hydraulic modeling software
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to work and put in additional time when project deadlines require
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document in PDF format to email@example.com
Please include the word “employment” in the subject line or your email will not get past our spam filter.
|Compensation||Competitive compensation, health/life insurance, vacation/holidays, 401k program and bonus pay as profits and performance permit.|